Start living healthy today. Here are some key factors to living a healthy lifestyle:
1. Prepare. Plan for a successful week of clean eating by shopping on Sunday for fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and healthy grains. Have your meals ready and easy to grab for the day.
2. Eat. It is important to eat 5 small meals a day. Start with breakfast, wait 3 hours then have a small snack, wait 2 hours then lunch, wait 3 hours then small snack, wait 2 hours and finish off with dinner. Try not to eat anything 3 hours before going to bed…and NO CARBS after 3:00. If you are hungry and feel that you need to eat something after dinner, then try a spoonful of peanut butter or a protein shake mixed with water.
3. Hydrate. Drinking half your body weight in ounces of water. It’s critical that you stay hydrated at all times. Try some coconut water too, especially on heavy cardio days. It’s filled with a lot of potassium and magnesium.
4. Sleep. Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep a day, which your body requires to recover from your daily activities.
5. Exercise. Strength training is key to building lean muscle, which will increase your metabolism so your body will naturally burn an extra 50-100 calories per day. Get at least 2-3 days of strength training per week, along with 3-4 days of cardio, stretching or yoga classes. Make sure to give your body 1 day of rest per week.
6. Supplements. Some of my favorite supplements for maintaining a healthy body are good multi-vitamins, fish oils with all omegas and protein shakes with low carbs and sugars. Amino acid recovery drinks for after workouts are a must as well. Always check with your nutritionist for advice on Supplements.
7. Consistency. Consistency is key! Stay focused and stay on it. Never give up. Keep increasing the weights and intensity as you get stronger.
Get started now! Don’t wait! Start your new healthy lifestyle now by incorporating these recommendations. Today is the day. Good luck. Feel free to contact me for any help you need.